CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) – Trey Murphy III scored seven of his 15 points during a 13-0 first-half run and No. 16 Virginia returned from a long coronavirus-related pause to beat William & Mary 76-40.
The Cavaliers were playing for the first time since they beat Kent State on Dec. 4 but showed few signs of rust as they cashed in on their first five possessions to take an 11-2 lead. A 13-0 run came shortly thereafter as William & Mary went nearly 8 minutes without scoring.
Yuri Covington’s 12 points led the Tribe, which lost their 12th straight in the series.
- SEE: Bizarre, twisting skyscraper proposed for Manhattan
- Investigation underway after California man died hours after getting COVID-19 vaccine
- Chesterfield developing portal for COVID vaccine waitlist after confusion
- Coronavirus update: VDH reports over 22,000 people received first vaccine dose on Saturday
- Ted Cruz vs. Seth Rogen: Republican Texas senator and actor take shots over Twitter