RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Justin Allgaier has completed a sweep of a NASCAR Xfinity series doubleheader weekend at Richmond Raceway. He saw a more than 9-second lead evaporate when a late caution flag flew, but he pulled away again on a restart with 13 laps to go.
Allgaier lost the lead when he had trouble on a previous restart. But he had no such issues starting on the inside last with teammate Jeb Burton to his outside and Ross Chastain behind him. He quickly moved in front entering Turn One and pulled away in a dominant performance. The victory was his third of the season.
- Republicans optimistic about president’s pick for Supreme Court; Democrats worry for ACA
- Fauci: Pandemic causing ‘historic decimation’ among Latinx community
- State Fair of Virginia cancelation impacts economy, workers — but hope is not lost
- Driver found guilty in crash that killed Hanover Fire Lt. Brad Clark
- Average of the polls: President Trump needs numbers to move to repeat 2016 upset