RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Justin Allgaier has completed a sweep of a NASCAR Xfinity series doubleheader weekend at Richmond Raceway. He saw a more than 9-second lead evaporate when a late caution flag flew, but he pulled away again on a restart with 13 laps to go.
Allgaier lost the lead when he had trouble on a previous restart. But he had no such issues starting on the inside last with teammate Jeb Burton to his outside and Ross Chastain behind him. He quickly moved in front entering Turn One and pulled away in a dominant performance. The victory was his third of the season.
- Japanese Culture Center of Chicago offers look into Japanese history in city
- It’s a keeper: Caeleb Dressel wins Olympic gold on his own
- Photographer rises to occasion at spectator-less Olympics in Tokyo
- Simone Biles makes mental health the talk of the Tokyo Games
- With NBA Finals over, US trio turns focus to Olympic gold