JACKSON, Miss. (WJTV) – According to reports by ESPN and Bleacher Report, New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning is expected to announce his retirement in a news conference on Friday.
Manning spent 16 seasons in the NFL after playing at the University of Mississippi. He was drafted No. 1 overall in 2004. The 39-year-old led the Giants to two Super Bowl titles.
Manning earned four Pro Bowl selections in his career and ranks in the top 10 in NFL history in both passing touchdowns (366) and passing yards (5,7023).
- 2 dead in Alabama naval aircraft crash
- Chesterfield Police ask for public’s help solving three recent crimes
- A conversation with Bob Good, the Republican vying for Virginia’s 5th Congressional District seat
- A conversation with Cameron Webb, the Democrat vying for Virginia’s 5th Congressional District seat
- VDH launches dashboard for K-12 schools reporting outbreaks in Virginia