RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — LeBron James is staying with the champions for a few more years.
According to muliple reports, James has inked a two-year, $85 million contract extension with the Los Angeles Lakers.
James was already locked in for the upcoming 2020-21 season, so the deal will now last through the 2022-23 campaign.
James is a four-time NBA champion and was named Finals MVP in all four runs.
He averaged 25.3 points, a league-leading 10.2 assists and 7.8 rebounds per game in 2019-20, his second year with the Lakers.
- VIDEO: Protestors gather outside of RPD on Friday night
- 1 dead, 2 critical after bus bound for Grand Canyon rolls over
- 33 missing children, including some who were sexually exploited, found in California operation: FBI
- ‘Just want to say thank you’: First lady Jill Biden delivers cookies to National Guard troops
- Ohio family grateful for pardon from President Trump