IRVING, TEXAS (WIAT) – Great news came Monday for the remaining college football conferences planning to play football this fall. The College Football Playoff Selection Committee announced it will begin its weekly rankings for the 2020-21 season on Nov. 17.
The selection committee will meet five times prior to releasing its final rankings on Dec. 20. Weekly rankings will be released on Tuesdays.
The top four teams will participate in the Playoff Semifinals Friday, Jan. 1, in the Rose Bowl Game and the Allstate Sugar Bowl. The national championship game will be played on Jan. 11 at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla.
The playoff committee is pushing forward with its plans, even with the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus. That uncertainty lead to the Big Ten and PAC 12 postponing all fall sports.
Below is a complete schedule for the selection committee to announce its rankings on ESPN:
Tuesday, November 17
Tuesday, November 24
Tuesday, December 1
Tuesday, December 8
Tuesday, December 15
Sunday, December 20 (Selection Day)
- StormTracker 8: Rain develops today; steady by evening
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- Man accused with dumping body of 25-year-old now charged with murder
- ‘It was my fault’: Escapate owner reacts to being shut down over COVID-19 guidelines
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal