LUBBOCK, Texas — In an interview Monday on 610 Sports Radio (KCSP) during a show called “The Drive,” former Texas Tech legendary quarterback turned NFL superstar was asked, “What’s more nervous – the fourth quarter of the Superbowl or finally proposing to your long-time girlfriend?”
On February 2, Mahomes led the Kansas City Chiefs to their first Superbowl win in 50 years. Then, on September 1 (the same day he and his teammates received their Superbowl rings) Mahomes proposed to Brittany Matthews.
“On a day that was meant to celebrate you, you turned it into celebrating us,” Matthews wrote on Instagram.
View this post on Instagram
9.1.2020❤️ On a day that was meant to celebrate you, you turned it into celebrating us. It’s always us, it’s always you and me. The words you looked into my eyes and said to me at this moment, will NEVER leave my mind! You made this day perfect, you took my entire breath away and I could not have imagined anything better. I love you, forever and always! Cheers to spending our lifetime together and an inseparable bond🎉🥂💕
So, which was more nerve-racking?
“Probably proposing,” Mahomes responded. “You don’t think it’s going to be nerve racking especially when you’ve been with someone for so long. But before you get on that knee, man, your heart is racing, I can promise you that!”
Who will be the best man?
“I’ll probably think about it for a while,” Mahomes said. “Luckily for me, I got a lot guys I can choose to be best man.”
- GOP senators continue meetings with SCOTUS nominee as Democrats boycott
- ‘All they do is pave and then seal them. Where are our taxes going?’: Pothole problems persist in Richmond
- Virginia lawmakers could make it harder to be charged with marijuana possession
- Amazon reveals over 19,000 workers got COVID-19
- LIVE: US House voting on $2.2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill; no bipartisan deal reached