DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — NASCAR today announced a plan to reintroduce guests at select races beginning with the race at Homestead-Miami Speedway on June 14 and the race at Talladega Superspeedway on June 21.
Homestead-Miami Speedway will invite up to 1,000 service members as honorary guests for the race on June 14 and Talladega Superspeedway will allow 5,000 fans inside.
“NASCAR’s modified event procedures, protocols and number of attendees have been finalized with guidance from public health officials, medical experts and local, state and federal officials,” NASCAR wrote Tuesday in a news release. “All guests in attendance will be screened before entering, required to wear face coverings, mandated to social distance at 6 feet, and will not have access to the infield, among other revised operational protocols.”
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington
- Asteroid samples escaping from jammed NASA spacecraft: ‘Time is of the essence’
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- StormTracker 8: Warm with an evening shower today