LANDOVER, Md. (AP) — Peyton Barber ran for two touchdowns and Dwayne Haskins rallied Washington from a 17-point deficit to beat the Philadelphia Eagles 27-17 Sunday in coach Ron Rivera’s debut.
After falling behind 17-0 following a pair of touchdown passes by Carson Wentz, Washington relied on a punishing defense and opportunistic offense in its first game since owner Dan Snyder finally agreed to change the team’s name and former employees alleged sexual harassment. Rivera lived up to his “Riverboat Ron” nickname earned in nine seasons with Carolina.
- StormTracker 8: Smokey skies today; rain by Friday
- Teen pulled from James River following police chase on I-95 identified
- Water main break closes down part of Gaskins Road
- Watch: Bear cub tries to get into Colorado home
- Group of dads tackle man accused of peeping on teen in Cracker Barrel restroom in SC