Virginia Tech is preparing to finally open its football season, and against the same team it was scheduled to play two weeks ago.
North Carolina State had to reschedule that game because of coronavirus tests, and then the Hokies had positive tests of their own and couldn’t play Virginia last weekend. Hokies coach Justin Fuente says his team is taking it a day at a time and just trying to get ready.
He also says the Hokies will not have a full roster, but he hopes they will be able to take the field Saturday at Lane Stadium. The Wolfpack have already played once, beating Wake Forest on Saturday.
Virginia Tech Hokies All Access
- Walk-on freshman safety Nick Anderson had three interceptions, Christian Beal-Smith ran for 129 yards and Nick Sciba kicked three field goals to help Wake Forest beat No. 19 Virginia Tech 23-16 on Saturday.
- Hokies All Access – Boston College recap, Wake Forest preview, Hokies get out to vote push, Virginia Tech athletics #Love InitiativeRECAP! We take a closer look at what the Hokies are doing when it comes to voter registration.
- Head coach Justin Fuente announced Thursday that DB Chamarri Conner will wear Frank Beamer's No. 25 jersey on Saturday in Virginia Tech's contest at Wake Forest.
- WFXR Sports Director Jermaine Ferrell catches up with former Virginia Tech Women's Basketball Player Regan Magarity. Currently Magarity is playing hoops overseas for a team in France. She spent 5 seasons playing hoops for the Hokies.
- This week, Jermaine takes a look back at Virginia Tech's loss to North Carolina. Virginia Tech Hall of Famer Mike Burnop has the latest Full Booth segment to recap the North Carolina game and previews Boston College.