RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Two of college basketball’s most successful programs over the past decade are going head-to-head.
Virginia will host Michigan State in the ACC/Big 10 Challenge on Wednesday, December 9.
UVA will be looking for its first all-time win over MSU. The two schools have met five times, including in the 2014 and 2015 NCAA tournaments.
Also, the game will be a matchup between brothers: Sam Hauser plays for UVA, while Joey Hauser suits up for MSU.\
Virginia was 23-7 last year, while Michigan State finished with a 22-9 record.
Virginia Tech will welcome Penn State to Cassell Coliseum on Tuesday, December 8 for its challenge game.
The Hokies went 16-16 in Mike Young’s first season.
- Tokyo Olympics allowing only 50% capacity — 10K local fans — in venues
- Newborn’s face cut during emergency C-section, requires 13 stitches
- Henrico holding job fair for bus drivers
- Petition to stop Amazon founder Jeff Bezos from returning to Earth after space trip nears 40,000 signatures
- Will Smith opening up, will release memoir ‘Will’ in November