CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Chesterfield man was struck and killed while trying to cross Jefferson Davis Highway Monday afternoon.
According to police, the pedestrian — identified as 87-year-old Eusebio Pacheco — was struck by a motorist driving a 2001 Honda Accord traveling southbound.
The crash happened in the 6500 block of Jefferson Davis Highway at 5:30 p.m. All southbound lanes of Jefferson Davis Highway near Drewrys Bluff Road in Chesterfield County were closed for a period of time following the crash.
Pacheco died as a result of his injuries. Police said the driver remained on the scene.
An investigation is underway, police said.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- ‘He was dead’: Arkansas man recovers after 20 minutes without heartbeat, oxygen
- FDA allows pharmacists to automatically swap ‘generic’ insulin for brand-name
- Man run over after falling from party bus in Nashville
- VCU guard Bones Hyland picked 26th by Denver Nuggets
- Richmond contemplating adding four acres to James River Park System