CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Chesterfield man was struck and killed while trying to cross Jefferson Davis Highway Monday afternoon.
According to police, the pedestrian — identified as 87-year-old Eusebio Pacheco — was struck by a motorist driving a 2001 Honda Accord traveling southbound.
The crash happened in the 6500 block of Jefferson Davis Highway at 5:30 p.m. All southbound lanes of Jefferson Davis Highway near Drewrys Bluff Road in Chesterfield County were closed for a period of time following the crash.
Pacheco died as a result of his injuries. Police said the driver remained on the scene.
An investigation is underway, police said.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- Police find 16-year-old boy weighing 26 pounds inside home
- Bond denied for suspect in 9-year-old Markiya Dickson’s death
- Missing man sought by New Kent deputies after abandoned vehicle found
- 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan reflects on blown Super Bowl
- Civil War-era jug found on I-64 may be rare ‘witch bottle’