CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A Chesterfield man was struck and killed while trying to cross Jefferson Davis Highway Monday afternoon.
According to police, the pedestrian — identified as 87-year-old Eusebio Pacheco — was struck by a motorist driving a 2001 Honda Accord traveling southbound.
The crash happened in the 6500 block of Jefferson Davis Highway at 5:30 p.m. All southbound lanes of Jefferson Davis Highway near Drewrys Bluff Road in Chesterfield County were closed for a period of time following the crash.
Pacheco died as a result of his injuries. Police said the driver remained on the scene.
An investigation is underway, police said.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- StormTracker 8: Isolated showers and thunderstorms to start off the work week
- Reports: Redskins could announce a name change in the next 24 hours
- UPDATE: Police locate Petersburg man reported missing since Friday
- 83-year-old man killed in two-vehicle crash in Nottoway County
- 51-year-old man drowns in Lake Anna