CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A driver is clinging to life after his vehicle veered off a Chesterfield roadway Wednesday afternoon.
Virginia State Police told 8News a 2003 Saturn Navigator was traveling northbound on Interstate-295, south of East Hundred Road (Route 10) when the vehicle ran off the left side of the road.
According to troopers, the vehicle traveled about 300 feet into the median and then plummeted onto Route 10.
The driver was the only person in the car. Troopers say the driver was taken to a nearby hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The serious crash shut down all westbound and eastbound lanes on East Hundred Road (Route 10) near the Interstate-295 ramp. All lanes have since reopened.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8Newd for updates.
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- WATCH: Cute critters play with some pumpkins donated to the Mill Mountain Zoo in Roanoke
- Suspect arrested for two grocery store robberies in Henrico County