POWHATAN COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — Emergency crews took one person to a nearby hospital following a two-vehicle crash on Route 288 near Huguenot Trail Thursday night.
Troopers say the crash between a pickup truck and tractor-trailer occurred just before 8:30 p.m. The impact of the crash caused the pickup truck to overturn. Additionally, a small fuel leak was reported, drawing the presence of a HAZMAT team.
The condition of the injured person is unknown at this time. All northbound lanes are closed near Midlothian Turnpike (mile marker 20) due to a crash. Lanes have seen reopened.
This is a developing story. Stay with 8News for updates.
- Disabled veterans explain tax break amendment on Virginia ballot
- Henrico board members approve emergency changes to four ‘at-risk’ polling locations to protect seniors
- Man accused of stealing vehicle with baby inside sought by Richmond police
- Hurricane Zeta brings rain to RVA on Thursday and Friday
- Chesterfield School Board asks community for input on elementary school name