RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A two-vehicle crash on Interstate-95 has resulted in serious injuries for one male driver.
The crash has closed all the northbound lanes near mile marker 78 in the City of Richmond.
Police say an adult male driver of a Mercedes SUV was traveling northbound on I-95 and attempted to shift lanes and struck a Ford F-150. The car overturned and the male driver, who police say was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected from the vehicle.
He was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
The driver of the Ford did not sustain injuries.
According to VDOT, the crash has also closed the southbound left shoulder and left lane. Drivers have been encouraged to find an alternate route as traffic is backed up for two miles.
Stay with 8News for updates.
- Prince George County government buildings to remain closed for another month
- UPDATE: Police arrest Petersburg woman for Wednesday’s fatal crash in Hopewell
- Richmond Henrico Health District to get 10,180 vaccine doses
- Chesterfield County reviews record-breaking response to recent ice storms
- Fredericksburg man arrested for two DUI accidents in less than 12 hours