RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Sleek roads and icy conditions caused problems for people driving in Central Virginia Saturday morning.
Authorities responded to multiple crashes, according to VDOT traffic pages. Including an accident that shut down all northbound travel lanes on I-95 in Richmond after a tractor-trailer flipped on its side.
8News Meteorologist Travis Michaels advises drivers to stay alert on the roads as low temperatures can cause icy conditions.
To improve the conditions on I-95, VDOT said they will be treating high and low volume roads.
8News tracked a number of accidents in our area this morning that affected weekend travel. All the accidents have since cleared.
NB on I-195 at MM2 in Richmond
All northbound travel lanes on I-95 in Richmond were closed after a tractor-trailer flipped on its side.
EB on I-64 at MM186 in Henrico County
All eastbound travel lanes closed due to a multi-vehicle accident. State Police blocked off traffic while the accident cleared.
NB on I-295 at MM43 in Henrico County
Drivers experienced delays as two northbound travel lanes were closed following a multi-vehicle accident.
Stay with 8News for updates. To track traffic across Central Virginia, click here.
- StormTracker8: Plenty of clouds tomorrow with isolated showers
- Man driving motorcycle dies after a crash in Gloucester
- ‘We just need you back home safe’: Family of Olivia Grace Green the missing 12-year-old Powhatan girl asks for community’s help
- Fender bender shuts down access to Powhatan County Fair Saturday evening
- Stone Foltz investigation: 21 Bowling Green students face code of conduct violations