Vaccinate Virginia aired
Thursday, June 24, 2021
from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
8News partnered with the Virginia Department of Health to answer your questions about the COVID-19 vaccine. Medical experts from across the state joined 8News for a virtual town hall on Thursday, June 24. The panelists answered your questions about vaccinations for teens and children and what to expect as the upcoming school year approaches.
MORE OF THE CONVERSATION
THE MEDICAL EXPERTS
- Dr. Gloria Addo-Ayensu, Director of Health, Fairfax County
- Dr. Danny Avula, Virginia Vaccine Coordinator
- Dr. Taison Bell, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Divisions of Infectious Disease and Pulmonary/Critical Care Medicine, University of Virginia
- Dr. Percita Ellis, Pediatrician, Rockbridge Area Health Center
- Rita McClenny, President and CEO, Virginia Tourism Corporation
- Dr. Jose Munoz, Professor, Children’s Hospital of Richmond, Pediatrics, Div. of Infectious Diseases
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
- Centers for Disease Control
- HealthyChildren.org from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Virginia Department of Education
- Virginia Department of Health
PREVIOUS TOWN HALLS
5/4/21: We answered your COVID-19 vaccine questions in our fourth town hall in partnership with the Virginia Department of Health. Hundreds of people watched on Tuesday, May 4, 2021, for the latest installment of Vaccinate Virginia, a town hall featuring medical experts from across the state hosted by anchor Juan Conde. The panelists provided answers to your COVID-19 vaccine distribution questions, dispelled myths and misinformation, offered guidance on health care and more. Watch the replay above and learn more about COVID-19 in Virginia in our previous town halls.
2/10/21: The big question we heard from people leading up to the February Town Hall was, “When will I be able to vaccinate myself and my family?” The Virginia Department of Health and medical experts from across the state partnered with 8News for a virtual town hall hosted by anchor Juan Conde to answer that questions. The panelists provided answers and direction on Virginia’s COVID-19 vaccine, distribution, myths and misinformation, registration response, guidance on health care, financial, educational and outreach resources.
12/16/20: The Virginia Department of Health and medical experts from across the state joined 8News and anchor Juan Conde for a virtual town hall in December 2020 to answer questions about the COVID-19 vaccine.
4/21/20: 8News hosted a virtual town hall with Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam; Virginia Senators Mark Warner and Tim Kaine; and Dr. Laurie Forlano, Deputy Commissioner of Population Health at Virginia Department of Health, in April 2020. Learn more