(WJW) – The Strawberry Moon will appear Friday.
It is the last full moon in spring and also known as the full moon in June.
According to the Farmer’s Almanac, the Algonquin tribes called it the Strawberry Moon because of the fruit’s harvest season, which takes place around this time.
The Old Farmer’s Almanac has an online tool to help you find out when moonrise and moonset will occur in your area.
The Strawberry Moon is one of the most colorful moons of the year because of its low, shallow path across the sky.
- StormTracker 8: Patchy dense fog, then sunshine
- Gov. Northam suffers broken hand while winterizing boat
- Mark your calendar: Daylight saving (and extra sleep) just days away
- Gov. Northam signs 16 new laws to support coronavirus response, reform policing
- Charred boat sinks in James River at Dutch Gap Boat Ramp