LAKE CHARLES, La. ( CNN/WKRG ) — Hurricane strength winds damaged Lake Charles tower in Laura’s path as they swept across a parking lot and blew debris around.
The National Hurricane Center has determined that the center of Hurricane Laura came ashore just prior to 2:00 AM ET / 1:00 AM CT Thursday at Cameron, LA. Hurricane Laura roared ashore with maximum sustained winds at 150 mph and a minimum central pressure of just below 940 mb.
- WATCH: Beachgoers form human chain to save Gulf swimmers
- StormTracker8: Some sunshine later
- Newsfeed Now: Father says system failed after son beaten to death; Family returns from trip to find home vandalized
- New Google Earth time-lapse feature shows effect of climate change
- Both sides rest in Derek Chauvin trial, closing arguments set for Monday