BOLIVAR PENINSULA, Tex. (CNN/KPRC) — Rocks from the Gulf of Mexico were pushed onto Highway 87 in Bolivar Peninsula of Texas blocking the roadway for drivers. It’s another visual example of how strong Hurricane Laura is.
Laura made landfall near Cameron, Louisiana early Thursday morning with winds of more than 150 miles per hour. It’s only 1 of 10 storms to ever make landfall with those kinds of winds.
- Invasive ‘jumping worms’ spreading through several US states
- Working remotely? It’s time to rethink what is ‘home’ and what is ‘travel’
- Stafford man arrested in connection with Fredericksburg shooting
- StormTracker8: Clear skies early; Chance for showers late
- “A pillar and stalwart.” Charlotte resident and oldest living American dies at 116