VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (WRIC) — The Virginia Beach Police Department is investigating a child drowning that occurred at an oceanfront hotel this morning.
The department said they received a report at 11:13 a.m. that a child had fallen into the pool of the Rodeway located at 1005 Pacific Ave.
The report said adults performed CPR on the child until police and EMS personnel arrived. The child, who was under 5 years old was transported to a local hospital, where they pronounced dead.
This incident is being investigated by VBPD’s Detective Bureau.
- Section of Henrico road, flooded after Isaias, to remain closed as crews inspect bridge
- Facebook’s Henrico Data Center is now online. Here’s what that means
- 24M Americans fear they won’t be able to pay rent
- Chesterfield secures additional 30M in federal COVID-19 relief funding
- Chesterfield Police seek Walgreens robbery suspects