RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) – Tropical Storm Zeta moved through the Richmond area Thursday, bringing rain and high winds. The storm made its way from the Gulf of Mexico through the United States this week, leaving behind significant damage.
Latest Weather Updates
- Mild weather is on the way to the area for the next few days. Enjoy!
- Here is a look at John's 38th annual winter outlook for the winter here in #RVA. Read it for all the details of what goes into the forecast.
- North America saw the longest partial lunar eclipse of the century on Friday morning.
- TYLER, Texas (KETK) – An almost-total lunar eclipse will be visible before dawn Friday morning. This will be the longest partial (almost total) eclipse in 580 years (1440), it is said that the eclipse will last just over six hours. Another eclipse of this length is not expected until 2669, another 648 years, according to […]
- North America will see the longest partial lunar eclipse of the century this week. For Central Virginia, look for it on Friday morning starting around 1 a.m.
- With two weeks left to go in the 2021 Atlantic hurricane season, tropical activity has been almost non-existent, despite La Nina developing.
- As we get closer to the end of the 2021 Atlantic hurricane season, the National Hurricane Center is keeping an eye on a disturbance that has medium development chances.
- The last month of hurricane season is underway and the 21st storm of the year is churning in the northern Atlantic. While this poses no threat to the United States, it used the last name on the 2021 list of tropical cyclone names.